Oklahoma County Sheriff sale returns Thursday July 9 we would like to urge the public to practice COVID-19 safety precautions while attending. These include:
- Sanitizing hands frequently: a sanitizing station will be set up, Please be sure to take advantage of this and keep your hands clean.
- Wearing a mask: you will need to provide your own mask, you will see staff members wearing masks, and it is strongly encouraged for attendees to wear one as well. Not only does wearing a mask protect others, but it protects you as well!
- Practicing social distancing: attendees are asked to observe the six-foot social distancing protocol recommended by the Centers for Disease Control. To help with social distancing we are only able to allow the first 80 people in. We will have seating marked off to assist in our distancing request.
Registration starts at 1pm and ends at 2pm sharp. Please do not arrive before noon.
****AUGUST 6, 2020 SHERIFF SALE***
****JULY 23, 2020 SHERIFF SALE****
****JULY 9, 2020 SHERIFF SALE****
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 and out of an overabundance of caution and concern for the health and safety of the citizens of Oklahoma County, we are suspending all foreclosure sales until the tentative date of July 9th 2020.
Currently the Oklahoma County Courts are limiting the amount of people to 10 or less at this time in their courtrooms, which wouldn’t be conducive for our sale. Depending on the restrictions for COVID-19 come July 9th, we may need to limit the amount of people that can attend the sale, among other possible PPE requirements.
These are the dates that will be canceled:
Just in case there is another extension, these are the dates for the rest of 2020 that were approved by the Court Administrator for the use of the Jury Assembly Room:
The Oklahoma County Sheriff's Foreclosure Sale is published monthly for two consecutive weeks at least thirty days prior to the date of sale. The foreclosed properties are published in local newspapers in which the property is located. The public may also buy property sale lists for $4 (cash only exact change required) at the Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office Civil Division located at 8029 SE 29th St MWC, OK 73110
The Sheriff's Foreclosure Sales are located in the Oklahoma County Courthouse Annex Building at: 320 Robert S. Kerr, Room 101, every other Thursday. You must be registered to bid by 2PM no exceptions. Registration is 1PM-2PM. Sales start promptly at 2PM. The Schedule is subject to change due to weather and Holidays.
To Purchase a Property You Must Meet the Following Requirements
- Minimum bid must be at least two-thirds of the appraised price of the property.
- Down payment of at least 10% of the purchase price is due within 24 hours of sale. The remaining 90% of the purchase price is due within 3 to 4 weeks of the sale date, before the confirmation hearing.
- All payments must be paid using certified funds (cashier’s check or money order), made payable to Rick Warren, Court Clerk. Payments are made to the cashier at the court clerk’s office located on the 4th floor at 320 Robert S. Kerr. You will need to know your winning bid amount and the case # of the property being purchased.
- Any sale is subject to cancellation by the plaintiff.
The Confirmation hearing is scheduled by the plaintiff's attorney. Once the confirmation hearing has been held the attorney for the plaintiff will provide a sheriff's Deed to be signed by the sheriff. It is the responsibility of the buying party to file the deed with the county clerk.
For information about properties that have been recalled you can use the case number to get information from the OSCN Website or contact Kim Gennings.
All foreclosure properties are sold "as is." Prior to bidding, you will need to do your own research of the property's records for outstanding liens and taxes that may not be satisfied by the foreclosure auction.
The Sheriff's office does not have keys to any of the listed properties and does not have access in any manner to the inside of them. The sheriff's office cannot authorize any entry into any of the homes. Some of the homes that are scheduled to be sold are still being lived in and we must respect the owner's privacy.
|January 9th||January 23rd|
|February 20th||March 5th|
|March 19th||April 2nd|
|April 16th||April 30th|
|May 14th||May 28th|
|June 11th||June 25th|
|July 9th||July 23rd|
|August 6th||August 20th|
|September 3rd||September 17th|
|October 1st||October 15th|
|November 5th||November 19th|
|December 3rd||December 17th|